Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Getting into Bollywood not easy, says J.Lo’s cousin Caterina Lopez



PTI, New Delhi, Apr 7: She shares her lineage with Jennifer Lopez but unlike her famous cousin, Caterina Lopez is trying to make a mark in Bollywood.
The trained salsa and hip-hop dancer makes her entry into the Hindi film industry with an item song in the upcoming film ''Bhindi Baazar Inc'', which stars veterans like Kay Kay Menon and Shilpa Shukla.
"It is not easy to get into Bollywood. The audition was tough and being an outsider, I found it difficult to master the dance moves, especially the hand gestures but I am getting the hang of it now," told Caterina to PTI.
The 23-year-old actress who is planning to take up classes in Hindi, is keen to have a long association with Bollywood, unlike many other stars who fade away due to the language barrier.
"Trust me...I am making an effort to learn Hindi and want to act the proper way instead of being dubbed... That is my goal.. I am taking tutorials for Hindi on an one-on-one basis...It will be for 5 days a week. I am trying hard to make my mark and I hope the Indian audience accepts me," adds Caterina.
Unlike her cousin J.Lo who is a pop diva, Caterina is reluctant to try her hand in singing and admits she is more passionate about dancing and acting.
"I have no plans to sing, it is not my cup of tea. I am more into dancing and acting," says the debutante.
"Right now I do have some Hollywood projects but I am not allowed to speak about it. Some really good stuff is lined up," says Caterina.
Though she is not familiar with many Bollywood stars Caterina is really keen to work with Akshay Kumar.
"I want to work with Akshay Kumar. He is a great actor and I think we will have a good screen chemistry," she says.
Starring Kay Kay Menon and Shilpa Shukla, ''Bhindi Bazaar'' is set to hit the theatres on 20 May.

Share

Bookmark and Share